Monday, June 18, 2012

Thoughtful Design on the BRZ

This little car abounds with clever touches that I like.  Here are some that come to mind:
  • The rear seats fold to make a completely flat load floor.
  • There's a little rubber-lined cubby in the dash that's perfect for an iPod or cell phone.  The cubby is conveniently located next to the USB/Aux input for the stereo.
  • The battery is snugged all the way back next to the firewall, for best weight distribution.
  • There's a 12-volt power outlet in the center console.

I wish I could say the same about the standard-issue navigation/audio system.  It's better than many OEM systems I've seen, but it's still difficult to use, and you can't do ANYTHING except change the volume without using the touch screen.  Want to answer the phone?  Want to change radio stations?  That means taking your eyes off the road.  I think that head unit is going to have to go.  (I hate saying that, because I already paid for it...)  Maybe I can find a wireless remote I can stick to the back of the steering wheel...

No comments:

Post a Comment