Thursday, August 18, 2016

Time to Say Goodbye

The BRZ is a delight, and I haven't really wanted to modify it a lot lately. It just drives really nicely. So, without any new modifications to report on, I haven't really had a reason to update this blog. There are a few things I can report about living with the car on a (semi-)daily basis.

The trunk is surprisingly useful. I have taken tubs of parts up to our Summit Point Pro Shop store at the race track. I have hauled folding tables too and from Boxerfest. The car can indeed swallow a spare set of its own wheels and tires, although it's tougher if they are 255 width.

The front seats are quite nice for a variety of drivers. Even six-foot-plus drivers never seem to have a problem getting to a comfortable driving position. The fact that the seats adjust the old fashion way (no heavy motors to weigh the car down) is a bonus.

The rear seat, on the other hand, is laughably unusable. No human being over two years old can fit back there without sitting sideways with their feet on the other seat.

I've switched back and forth between stock-width 215 tires and the much wider 255's I run in the summer. The 215's give the car a very sharp, precise steering feel. The 255's instill a lot more confidence and I feel like I can toss the car around more without worrying so much that it's going let go suddenly. Either way it's still very easy to kick the rear out with a little goose of the gas pedal. Thanks, twin-scroll supercharger!

For that matter, the Sprintex supercharger gives the car a perfect combination of torque and power. It's not overwhelming, but it's enough to be satisfying. I never have felt like the car wasn't fast enough or quick enough. Plus, the supercharger has been rock-solid reliable. I'm very pleased with it.

The Valenti tail lamps never get old. They look great, especially at night.

But alas, all good things must come to and end. I've recently acquired a new Focus RS, and along with other strays I have adopted along the way, I have too many cars! The BRZ is now for sale. See my for sale post over here on the FT86 forums.

So long. See you over on the Mach V Focus RS blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment